Personal Name: Edwin A. Lombard Birth Date: 6/11/46
Education High School: Xavier Preparatory High School College: Tulane University 1964-1967 (Rockefeller Scholar) Other: Southern University Law School 1967-1968 Loyola University Law School 1968-1970 (Roosevelt Fellow)
Admitted to Louisiana Bar September 1970
• Elected to Clerk of Criminal District court form 1974-2003. Served as Clerk of Criminal District Court for 29 years.
• Served as the Chief Election Officer for Orleans Parish and has been involved in Elections throughout the world.
• Has been involved in writing laws and procedures in such historic events as the Dayton Peace Accord (Bosnia), Indonesia Presidential Election and South African Local elections.
• Has had the honor of lecturing Criminal Court Judges at the University of Canto Domingo on the establishment of a criminal court record keeping system.
• Elected to the 4th Circuit Court of Appeal as Judge in 2002, took office in January 2003 where he is currently serving.
• Chosen to sit ad hoc on the Louisiana Supreme Court for the landmark case In re Effender in 2004.
• Completed the New York University School of Law Institute for Appellate Judges.
• Has attended the George Mason School of Law and Economics Colloquium and The AEI-Brookings Joint Center for Regulatory Studies Economic Institute for Judges.
• Appointed Supernumerary Judge pro tempore of Criminal District Court for Orleans Parish by the Louisiana Supreme Court, January — August 2006. To supervise the recovery remediation and restoration of criminal evidence, after Hurricane Katrina.
• Appointed as a member of the Judiciary Commission of Louisiana for a term of four (4) years, by the Louisiana Supreme Court, January 2007.
• Past President of Algiers-Fischer Community Organization
• Past Board Member of New Orleans Legal Assistance Corporation
• Past Board Member of Total community Action Inc.
• Established Legal Office, Health and Dental Clinics in the Algiers-Fischer Community